October 10, 2010 by FEE in forum Home Improvement Forum

#45 FEE , 10 October 2010, 15:31

Hi my husband has built a wooden roofed structure to cover our gazibo so we casn use it all year round - there will be sides but only the cotton gazibo ones, it is right next to oure boudry - Do we need planing permission andwould w ebe likely to get it? thanks

#51 James Roberts, 23 October 2010, 07:35


Irrespective of what the gazibo is constructed from (unless it is in a conservation area or your house is listed), planning legislation is only interested in the volume that the structure will create i.e. the usable space. I suggest you look at the section on the website that deals with detached structures. The part of most relevance to you is to do with its height in relation to a boundary.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here