Do I need Planning Permission to change indoor swimming pool to living space?

January 14, 2012 by Rachael Nash in forum Planning Forum

#151 Rachael Nash, 14 January 2012, 21:07

Hi...we are looking at a property that is a converted barn with an indoor swimming pool. If we buy it, we would want to fill in the pool and create a large family room instead; kitchen/lounge/diner. The building is attached to the main part of the barn, and all alteration would be within the walls of the building. The only thing we would want to alter on the outside is to change 3 pairs of french doors for bi-fold doors. Do we need planning permission? Many thanks for any answers!

#154 andy simmons, 17 January 2012, 17:36

In principle there shouldn't be any planning issues unless the property is listed or permitted development rights have been removed. In building regulation terms, you will need building regulations if you are enlarging the existing opening. Otherwise, building regulations will not be required.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here