New permitted development class E.

June 18, 2021 by Vicki in forum Planning Forum

#1029 Vicki, 18 June 2021, 14:42

We have obtained a certificate of lawful use for B1c x2 barns (former agricultural).We now want to demolish and build one house on the same footprint.we are in a conservation area outside the build line.Can we use the new permitted development coming into force in August this year and do we need a full planning application?

#1030 Damian, 19 June 2021, 08:25

You will require Full Planning as the new legislation covers change of use, not new build.

Even if you were contemplating the change of use, there will more than likely be additional caveats. For example, the building(s) being converted were originally Class E and not changed to Class E via a previous change of use. The new legislation similar to others also requires Prior Approval so is not straight forward PD.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here