New Topic

March 2, 2022 by David in forum Planning Forum

#1229 David, 2 March 2022, 15:14

I own a rental property and would like to build a Permitted Development outbuilding (garage/gym) in the garden of this property.

This outbuilding isn't for the tenants use, but something I want to build when I move back into the property.

I would like to obtain a Lawful Development Certificate for this outbuilding before building it and ideally before moving back in.

Do I need to wait until I move back into the property myself before applying for the Lawful Development Certificate or can I apply for it whilst my tenants are still living there?

Thanks for any information you can suggest.

#1230 Damian, 3 March 2022, 07:53

You own the property, so nothing stopping you from proceeding with the submission of a LDC application straight away.

As a side note, LDC applications do not request information on ownership, which Full applications do. Even still, you own the property so it wouldn’t have impacted that anyway.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here