Private dog walking fields

March 20, 2019 by Buckeroos girl in forum Planning Forum

#631 Buckeroos girl, 20 March 2019, 16:23

I have an area of land that my horses graze on - I want to hire out 5 of those acres for exclusive / private hire for dog walkers by the hour .
Fully enclosed - we are a registered small holding .
Do I need change of use / planning and what on earth does Sui Generis mean ?
I still want horses on part of it so don't want to change from agricultural ( which I'm guessing it is ) to recreational and then not be allowed to have them graze .
I do have PL insurance & am already HMRC reg .
Council won't give a difinative answer unless I submit a pre planning app at a cost of £100

#688 Louise, 5 January 2020, 16:58

Hello, I too would like to ask the same question as Buckeroos Girl as I am in a similar position. Can anyone advise please? Thank you

#964 Lynda Rayner, 6 March 2021, 12:10

Was this question answered?

#965 Damian, 6 March 2021, 15:45

Going back to the OP’s statement on the fee for Pre-application advice. That is cheap and tbh, is the best and quickest way to obtain a definitive answer.

With agricultural land, there may be specific uses not permitted under the class. Unless this is in writing somewhere, your LPA would be the best people to advise.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here