Replacing Windows in a Conservation Area

January 12, 2021 by Mike Kelly in forum Planning Forum

#885 Mike Kelly, 12 January 2021, 09:22

Hi, I'm looking to replace the single glazed windows to the front of my property with double glazed units (wooden frames same style). Although we live in a conservation area, there is no Article 4 Directive in place. Does that mean the work can be carried out under PDR and I won't require planning permission?
Any answers appreciated.

#886 Damian, 12 January 2021, 18:18

That is correct and if your LPA is helpful, they may be able to verbally confirm that. Otherwise, they may ask you submit a Lawful Development Certificate application for formal confirmation.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

The Partner Directory

Click on the logos below to find more about the services offered

Advertise here