- Offers security to your property
- Appropriate fencing can be aesthetically pleasing
- Offers kerbside appeal and can help sell your property
Do I Need Planning Permission?
For a fence/wall/gate, you will need planning permission if:
- It is greater than 1 metre in height adjacent to a highway used by motor vehicles. This also applies to any footpath associated with that highway.
- In any other case, it is greater than 2 metres in height.
- If your home is subject to an article 4 direction or to a planning condition.
- If your house is listed or within the curtilage of a listed building.
- The fence, wall or gate forms a boundary with a neighbouring listed building.