A few of the benefits of converting your garage into habitable accommodation
- Create additional living space
- For those wishing to work from home, a garage conversion can offer a viable solution to their accommodation needs
- Conversion back into a garage will be possible at a later date
Do I Need Planning Permission?
Planning Permission may not be required subject to the following limits and conditions:
- Planning permission is not usually required, providing the work is internal and does not involve enlarging the building.
- If you live in a new house or a Conservation Area, it is likely that the Council may have removed your permitted development rights meaning that you may need planning permission to convert your garage.
- Where work is proposed to a listed building, listed building consent may be required.
If you are thinking of turning your garage in to an office to work from home you should check the Working from Home page.